The Old Town Hot Springs is the non-profit center for health and wellness,
providing recreation and education in aquatics and fitness
for our members, guests, and community.
Members, Staff, Board of Directors, Consultants, and Friends of Old Town Hot Springs have contributed to the development of a plan that outlines not only the future of the organization but also how the organization will influence the future of health and wellness in the community.
This strategic document details the organization’s mission and vision and renews its core values. The plan also points out exactly where Old Town Hot Springs will be focusing its considerable talents in the next five years.
Nature’s Gift promotes Family, Fitness, Community, and Fun.
- Address concerns from Feasibility Study
- Community Awareness/Education
- 501 (c) 3 Non-Profit Corporation
- Not owned, operated, or funded by The City of Steamboat Springs
- Facility "old, tired, worn."
- Phase 1 Plans
- Apply for Lodging Tax dollars
- Submitting application for second round - due Jan. 10, 2013
- $3 million project
- 10,000 sq. ft. two-story expansion/facelift to existing building
- Designed to be a revenue-generating project, including:
- More fitness space
- Second exercise classroom
- Spa area
- Climbing wall
- Meeting/Party space
- Criteria for Lodging Tax dollars being met by Old Town Hot Springs
- Promote Tourism-50,000 annual visitors
- Enhance the vitality of Steamboat Springs as a destination resort-Long history of successful operations
- Community Identity-Cornerstone of Downtown Steamboat Springs
- Enhance the environmental desirability of Steamboat Springs-Hot Mineral Springs
- Enhance the economic vitality of Steamboat Springs-Extra amenity that attracts tourists who in turn stay longer and generate more sales tax.
- Small Facility upgrades
- Lobby, childcare, locker rooms, etc.
- Phase 2 - Five-Year Plan/2017
- $3 million project financed with a Capital Campaign
- Replacement of aging lap pool and kiddie pool
- Adding a wellness/therapy pool for senior activities, water classes, rehabilitation, etc.
- Improved deck areas.
- Effect on Admission and Membership prices
- Improvements are self-sustaining, generating enough income to pay for their cost.
- Prices increase a small amount annually based on increased costs of operation.
Old Town Hot Springs
136 Lincoln Ave. • Steamboat Springs, CO 80487